The longer that I am a Christian, the more convinced I become, that there is truly no other way to live a joyful life than to submit oneself to the Lord of Lord’s….
However, I do have a deep, penetrating, heart wrenching concern. My concern lies not with God, but with us, His children. We sing the chorus in our worship services proudly “Up from the grave He arose!” we preach sermons over Christ’s power to conquer death, we know that He is risen from the dead. However, many go about their lives, living as though Jesus is still in the tomb.
I have been reading a book entitled “The Christian Atheist” , And while I do not agree with all that the author has to say, I truly appreciate the overall message of this book. It is about people who “Believe in God, but live as if He doesn’t exist” or people who “Place their whole faith in God, but live as if everything is up to them.” As I think about this concept, I can’t help but see it’s reality all around us today. Sadly- even within the Lord’s Church. We hear statements such as “I wish the Church was like it was in the 50’s” Or my personal “least favorite” of all “It is impossible to evangelize in today’s world”
I understand the trials and struggles of this world, I understand the pain one feels when losing a loved one, job, or close friend. I understand the heaviness that is felt when we see the corruptness of elected officials. I even understand the sometimes life-changing hurt that is caused from one church member to another. We do live in tough times. I also understand, that no matter what we are facing, no matter what our pain, Our God is bigger and greater than any problem!
What could the Lord’s Church become IF:
- We believe we are forgiven of our sins? Ephesians 1:7, 2 Corinthians 5:19
- Too often we walk around, carrying the weight, and the guilt of our sins. Forgetting that God has forgiven us of our sins!
- Not because we have earned it, but because our God is full of grace, and because we have chosen to be in Christ, God no longer counts our sins against us!
- We believe there is a heaven, and a hell? John 14:1-3, 2 peter 2:4-6
- If you truly believe the words in John 14, you know that Jesus Christ is preparing YOUR eternal home! Have you ever needed a “pick-me-up” during the day? Read John 14.
- If you truly believe that there is a hell. You have made a decision that you will NOT be there. And you WILL live your life accordingly.
- We believe Jesus rose from the grave? Mark 16:6
- When I remember that Jesus is risen from the grave, I am reminded that God, my Savior is ALIVE! I do not serve a dead god, I do not serve a god that is in the tomb, I serve The God that no tomb can hold!
- I can rest with confidence that He actively watches over me today, and hears/answers my prayers, and is active in my life!
- We believe there are lost souls all around us? Matthew 7:13-14
- If I take the Bible to be the true, holy, inspired Word of God (which I do,) I have to know that the MAJORITY of the world, is NOT in the relationship with God that they need to be.
- This means, I know someone who’s soul is lost.
- This means I have a great job to do! Matthew 28:18-20
We serve THE GREAT GOD of all of the universe! Let’s serve Him Today!